Entries for the SAICE Western Cape Regional Awards for Excellence in Civil Engineering: 2012, close on 26 April 2012. Projects that were substantially complete in 2011 or early 2012 are eligible.
There are three categories in which projects can be entered:
(a) Projects of Outstanding Technical Excellence
(b) Projects which are directed towards benefitting or otherwise involving a specific community
(c) Projects which have taken place in an international context (this category is submitted to SAICE national but the Branch would like a presentation at some stage!).
For your Western Cape Awards in categories (a) and (b): Please note that the rules indicate different marking for these two categories, however we shall only be making a single award, regardless of category, for the project receiving the highest total marks.
• Competition rules available from Steve Fanner, or downloaded here: 2012 SAICE WC Branch Awards 2012 Rules National Project Awards Rules
• Steve Fanner can be contacted via 021 976 6589 or 073 742 8025. Alternatively he can be emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Entries close on 26 April 2012 (Please advise Steve sometime soon, if you intend to submit an entry. The actual entry (written) submission may be made at a later date but before 16:00 on 26 April 2012).
• Please submit your entries to Steve Fanner (Box 1085, Durbanville, 7551, or 13 Azalea Street, Durbanville, 7550).
• Presentations this year will take place at the Athenaeum on the 16th of May.